Hey there friends! I know it's been a long time since I posted, but I'm back! I've been completely swamped with school and work lately but I've come back to the blog at the best time ever! It's fall y'all!
Tonight I've got a really delicious recipe for you guys! I love experimenting with new things and testing myself in the kitchen. You guys know I've got the craft bug, butt it turns out that I can get down in the kitchen too! (Insert chauvinistic joke, ha!)
This evening I tried something new. Something I've always been afraid to do because I have always thought it could never be restaurant quality! Boy, was I totally wrong! This could not have been any easier!
I present to you...
Homemade Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites
They look good right?! Trust me when I say these were easy and super scrumptious.
And on top of that they required very little ingredients. Most of the things are probably in your pantry. For real.
1 cup of all purpose flower
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 cup of Milk
1 cup of Hot Sauce
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
1 stick of butter
2 Chicken Breasts
Oil for frying
1. Heat a skillet full of oil until its sizzlin' at 375 degrees. Fill it up roughly 2 inches.
2. Cut your chicken into bite sized chunks.
3. Mix your egg and milk into a bowl.
4. Mix your flower and dry seasonings into another bowl.
5.Dip your chicken pieces into the flower mixture, egg mixture, and flower mixture again. Make sure to let the excess drip off in between dips.
6. Let your double dipped chicken chunks sit for about 15 minutes. I recommend this step, however I was too hungry and impatient to wait. Sorry, I'm not sorry.
7. To make the sauce, melt your stick of butter in a sauce pan.
8. Mix in the hot sauce and BBQ sauce. Throw in a pinch of cayenne and garlic powder.
9. Fry your chicken pieces until golden brown, and make sure the juices run clear. You don't want to waste this decadent sauce on uncooked chicken.
10. Let the chicken pieces sit for a few minutes on a paper towel, just to get off some excess oil.
11. Sauce those babies up and enjoy! Add ranch or blue cheese for added calories and taste! :)
I recommend only making these for parties or football games. These are highly addictive! The sweet, spicy, and richness of the sauce is outrageous. I
licked could lick the plate.
Ill be back for more yummy Fall recipes tomorrow!